Things To Do
Enjoy the many water activities at Chitek Lake.
Swimming: We have a beautiful natural white sandy beach, located at the day use area.
Fishing: Chitek Lake and area is a fishermen’s haven! While staying at the Chitek Lake Recreation site, you have access to over 15 great fishing lakes:
- Bug (26 km): Northern Pike, Whitefish, natural boat launch. Lake
- Chitek (0 km): Northern Pike, Walleye, Perch, and Whitefish. Boat launch and dock. Electric and Non-Electric Camping/day use. Lake
- Lac Eauclair (20 km): Lake Trout and Whitefish. Boat dock and launch. Non-Electric Camping/use
- Deer (26 km): Rainbow Trout and Splake. Natural boat launch. Lake
- Doucette (29 km): Northern Pike. Natural boat launch. Lake
- Hearts (28 km): Northern Pike. Natural boat launch. Lake
- Huard (12 km): Northern Pike and Perch. Natural boat launch, dock. Lake
- Island (33 km): quad access only. Northern Pike and Perch. Natural boat launch. Lake
- Little Shell (12 km): Northern Pike and Perch. Boat Launch and dock. Non-electric camping/day use. Lake
- Miko (23 km): Northern Pike and Walleye. Natural boat launch, dock. Day use/picnicking. Lake
- Otter (48 km): Northern Pike and Whitefish. Natural boat launch. Lake
- Poplar Ridge (34km): Brook Trout and Rainbow Trout.
- Slideout (29km): Northern Pike. Natural Boat launch. Lake
- Utiah (56 km): Northern Pike and Whitefish. Natural boat launch.
Boat Launch: Boat launch is located just before you enter the campground. This launch is the only one on the lake and at times can be busy. Please be courteous to fellow lake users.
Base your prefect holiday from the comfort and convenience of your campsite at the Chitek Lake Golf Course. This course offers a challenging 9-hole course with grass greens, carts, club and motor cart rentals, and a confectionery.
Great ice fishing and snowmobiling. Chitek is the hub of over 400 km of groomed snowmobile trails and is part of the Provincial Snowmobile Trail Route. We are in the process of partnering with the Resort Village of Chitek Lake to enhance on our cross-country ski trails. Lake